Prof. Dr. Miloslav PEKAR
Brno University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic, EU
Position: Materials Research Centre & Institute of Physical and Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Brno University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic, EU
Specialization: physical and colloid chemistry, biocolloids
Prof. Miloslav Pekař received his M.Sc. in organic technology and Ph.D. in technical chemistry from the Institute of Chemical Technology in Prague, Czech Republic, EU in 1985 and 1991, respectively. After spending several years at the Czech Academy of Sciences, in regional analytical laboratory, and industrial research he joined the Brno University of Technology in 1994. He is teaching physical and colloid chemistry at the Faculty of Chemistry. His research interests include relationships between thermodynamics and kinetics, physical chemistry of biocolloids and their application, particularly polysaccharides and humic substances. In 1999 he was appointed associated and in 2009 full professor of physical chemistry. He is director of the Institute of Physical and Applied Chemistry and Materials Research Centre. He is a member of American Chemical Society, Czech Chemical Society, International Humic Substances Society, and European Colloid and Interface Society. He has authored or co-authored one book, 7 book chapters, about 60 journal articles, and more than 200 conference contributions.
- MRAVEC F., KLUČÁKOVÁ M., PEKAŘ M. Fluorescence Spectroscopy Study of Hyaluronan–Phospholipid Interactions. In Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes, Vol. 14. A. Iglič, Ed. Burlington: Academic Press, 2011, ch. 8, p. 235-255. ISBN: 978-0-12-387720-8.
- HALASOVÁ, T., KROUSKÁ, J., MRAVEC, F., PEKAŘ, M. Hyaluronan-surfactant interactions in physiolo-gical solution studied by tensiometry and fluorescence probe techniques. Colloids and Surfaces A. 2011, vol. 391, no. 1-3, p. 25-31. ISSN 0927-7757.
- CHYTIL M., STRAND S., CHRISTENSEN B.E., PEKAŘ M. Calorimetric and light scattering study of interactions and macromolecular properties of native and hydrophobically modified hyaluronan. Carbohydr. Polym., 2010, vol. 81, no. 4, p. 855-863. ISSN 0144-8617.
- KARGEROVÁ, A., PEKAŘ, M. Densitometry and ultrasound velocimetry of hyaluronan solutions in water and in sodium chloride solution. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2014, vol. 106, p. 453-459
- ABDEL-MOHSEN, A.M., HRDINA, R., BURGERT, L., ABDEL-RAHMANA, R.M., HAŠOVÁ, M., ŠMEJKALOVÁ, D., KOLÁŘ, M., PEKAŘ, M., ALY, A.S. Antibacterial activity and cell viability of hyaluronan fiber with silver nanoparticles. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2013, vol. 92, no. 2, p. 1177-1187
- HALASOVÁ, T., MRAVEC, F., PEKAŘ, M. The effect of hyaluronan on the aggregation of hydrophobized amino acids – a fluorescence study. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2013, vol. 97, no. 1, p. 34-37.
- PEKAŘ M., VELEBNÝ V., BILEROVÁ H. Hyaluronan-based Nanofibers. In Colloids in Biotechnology. M. Fanun, Ed. Boca Raton: CRC Press Taylor & Francis, 2011, ch. 19, p. 437-453. ISBN: 978-1-4398-3080-2.
- PEKAŘ, Miloslav and Ivan SAMOHÝL. The Thermodynamics of Linear Fluids and Fluid Mixtures. Cham: Springer, 2014. ISBN 978-3-319-02513-1. 308 pp.